No, no action on your part is required. You can continue to use your TD Gold Select Visa Card as you do today up to and after September 5, 2017. You will not a replacement Card for these changes to take effect.
- What will happen to my insurance benefits?
-Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance, Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance and Emergency Travel Assistance Services will be removed from your Card effective September 5, while Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection will remain.
I have already booked my vacation/car rental—will I be covered for Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance, Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance and Emergency Travel Assistance Services?
If you have paid in full for your trip/car rental on Your Gold Select card before September 5, you will be eligible for coverage (subject to all other eligibility criteria)
If you only paid a deposit before September 5, and paid the balance on or after that date, you will not be eligible for these coverages.
Any regularly recurring bill payments currently set up on your Account (such as internet and telephone), will continue. There is no need to contact these merchants because your Card number will not change.
If there are Authorized User Cards on your Account, they will continue to be able to use their existing Cards, as they do today and will receive their re-designed replacement Cards at the same time you do.
If you have TD Balance Protection Insurance it will continue to apply to the replacement TD Rewards Visa Card with no changes in coverage and your initial effective date will apply. No action is required and any open or new claim will continue to be processed as per the certificate of insurance.
If you decide to close the Account, the balance protection insurance will continue to be active until the outstanding balance is paid.
- Through Shop The Mall, you can redeem your TD Rewards Points to shop directly at participating online retailers to pay for the things you want.
- Or, Shop The Catalogue and redeem your TD Rewards Points for gift cards and brand name merchandise from appliances, to electronics, luggage and more.
- You can earn more TD Rewards Points when you book your travel online with your TD Rewards Visa Card through ExpediaForTD.com. You can also redeem any earned TD Rewards Points towards that purchase at time of booking.
- Or, use your TD Rewards Visa Card to book travel with any other travel provider and redeem any earned TD Rewards Points towards that purchase within 90 days after the purchase date. Don't forget, TD Rewards Points can also be used for travel related purchases made with your Card including taxes, golf fees and resort excursions.
Help pay down your balance:
- You can also redeem your TD Rewards Points to help pay down your Credit Card Account balance through TDRewards.com, EasyWeb or the TD App.