No action is required. You can continue to use your TD Drivers Rewards Visa Card as you do today up to and after September 26. Your TD Drivers Rewards Visa Card will be renamed the TD Rewards Visa Card and you will see changes to insurance coverage included with the card.
On September 26, 2017, any purchases you make with your Card will earn TD Rewards Points under the TD Rewards Program (described on the Overview tab). In addition, Common Carrier insurance coverage will no longer apply, while Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection will commence. You will not need a replacement Card for these changes to take effect.
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance will be terminated effective September 26.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection will be added effective September 26 and will apply to purchases made with your TD Rewards Visa Card on or after that date. See the Certificate of Insurance in your TD Rewards Visa Cardholder Agreement for further details.
I have already booked my vacation—will I be covered for Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance?
- If you have paid in full for your trip on your TD Drivers Rewards Visa Card before September 26, you will be eligible for coverage (subject to all other eligibility criteria).
- If you only paid a deposit before September 26, and paid the balance on or after that date, you will not be eligible for this coverage.
What will Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection provide me?
- This coverage will protect you for repair, replacement or reimbursement in the event that eligible items that you purchase with your card, on or after September 26, are lost, stolen or damaged. Additionally, if eligible items came with a manufacturer's warranty, valid in Canada, you may be entitled to double the warranty for up to an additional twelve months. See your Certificate of Insurance, included with your Cardholder Agreement for further details.
No, you will not lose any TD Drivers Rewards Points that you have earned and they will retain their full and current value. You will have until September 27th, 2018, to redeem your TD Drivers Rewards Points. For your convenience there will be no minimum number of TD Drivers Rewards Points that must be redeemed from now until September 27, 2018.
You will also have the option to convert your TD Drivers Rewards Points to TD Rewards Points at the rate of 2 TD Rewards Points for every 1 TD Drivers Rewards Point you have earned. If you are interested in converting your TD Drivers Rewards Points you must call us at 1-855-315-4415 to do so.
On September 28th, 2018, any TD Drivers Rewards Points that have not yet been redeemed will be automatically converted to TD Rewards Points at the same rate set out above. Your Account must be open and in good standing for this automatic conversion to occur.
If you have TD balance protection insurance it will continue to apply to the replacement TD Rewards Visa Card with no changes in coverage and your initial effective date will still apply. No action is required and any open or new claim will continue to be processed as per the certificate of insurance.
If you decide to close the Account, the balance protection insurance will continue to be active until the outstanding balance is paid.
Any regularly recurring bill payments currently set up on your Account (such as internet and telephone), will continue. There is no need to contact these merchants because your Card number will not change.
If there are Authorized Users on your Account, they will continue to be able to use their existing Card, as they do today and will receive their re-designed replacement Cards at the same time as you do.
- Through Shop The Mall, you can redeem your TD Rewards Points to shop directly at participating online retailers to pay for the things you want.
- Or, Shop The Catalogue and redeem your TD Rewards Points for gift cards and brand name merchandise from appliances, to electronics, luggage and more.
- You can earn more TD Rewards Points when you book your travel online with your TD Rewards Visa Card through ExpediaForTD.com. You can also redeem any earned TD Rewards Points towards that purchase at time of booking.
- Or, use your TD Rewards Visa Card to book travel with any other travel provider and redeem any earned TD Rewards Points towards that purchase within 90 days after the purchase date. Don't forget, TD Rewards Points can also be used for travel related purchases made with your Card including taxes, golf fees and resort excursions.
Help pay down your balance:
- You can also redeem your TD Rewards Points to help pay down your Credit Card Account balance through TDRewards.com, EasyWeb or the TD App.
- View your Rewards History statement to see how much you have earned with every purchase,
- Set a redemption goal with the Goal Tracker tool
- Browse the redemption options and make a redemption
- Opt-in to receive the TD Traveller newsletter and Special Offer emails
- And much more.
You will also be able to check your remaining TD Drivers Rewards Points balance through TDRewards.com. You will be able to redeem or convert these TD Drivers Rewards Points to TD Rewards Points by calling us at 1-855-315-4415.